Friday, June 3, 2011

Tomato Cream Chicken Pasta

Every Thursday night, while I'm at teacher training and Kevin plays superparent, I try to have something ready for him to feed the kids. Often, the crockpot comes into play, as it did last night. However, what I makes isn't always as good as what they had last night. Super easy, somewhat healthy, and the littles loved it!

Here's what you need:
2-3 large chicken breasts. Boneless/skinless.
1/2 cup chicken broth
Chopped garlic
Green Pepper
Onion
Salt
Pepper
1 can basil and oregano diced tomatoes
1/4 cup cream cheese with herbs and chives
1/4 cup cream


Around 9:30 or so, I put the chicken in the crock pot, poured chicken broth over it, added garlic, salt, and pepper, about half a green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces, and sliced up about 1/2 a white onion. I let that cook over low heat for 6 or 7 hrs, then just before I jetted out the door to YTT, I shredded the chicken and dumped in the tomatoes, cream and cream cheese.

Kevin served it about 90 minutes later over pasta and the kids DEVOURED it. I had a couple bites when I got home (at 11:15- oy) and I have to say- it was pretty delish. Actually, it was so good, I would even entertain with it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment