Sunday, March 27, 2011

March Maddness

This month has been a whirlwind! Just the last 3 days alone have been enough to do anybody in. Thursday, we celebrated Kevin's 40 under 40 award with the ceremonial dinner, Friday, I attended the school lottery (which, sadly, didn't do Preston any favors...) had the David Romanelli Yoga and Wine workshop Friday night, then the Blue Jacket fundraiser Saturday evening.

This last week in March will be the biggest yet, however. It's officially my first week of my RTY training and I am having all kinds of emotions about starting this adventure. Feeling excited (following through on this goal feels great!), anxious (do I have what it takes to do this?), apprehensive (am i ready for all this self-exploration and awareness? Probably not, but who really is?) and gratitude (thankful 100 times over for a husband willing to take on more than average solo parenting over the next 5 months.) Yeah, lots going on upstairs.

Today, the sun is exploding into a beautiful golden stream through my living room window, but it's *maybe* 35 degrees outside. Needing to build some warmth, Dhanurasana is calling my name.


As a reward for getting my heart pumping, increasing bloodflow, energy and life to the heart chakra, how about a treat? ...Yes? How about Chocolate Chip Cookies made with whole wheat flour. I like this recipe because the whole wheat flour gives them a little more body and toothiness, but they're still soft and gloriously fluffy. Just make them already.
Chocolate Chip Cookies w/ whole wheat flour!

While you are waiting for them to bake, repeat Louise Hay's affirmation of the day to yourself: "I trust the process of life." And I'll do the same.

Happy Om, Happy chocolate-chip-cookie Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment