Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Here we go...

Tomorrow is the big day. The day I get my carpets professionally cleaned, the day I have a sitter come, the day I start my Yoga Teacher Training. Clearly, the first two things are big and exciting, but the third is big, exciting, and whole new limb of my yoga journey.

I though it might be helpful to list some thoughts and goals going into the training so that I can come back to evaluate 6 months from now.

- I'd like to learn how to lead a sequence without forgetting which side leads, as I always do in my home practice. I've considered always looking at my right foot, since I have a small tatoo on top, (thank you, 19 year old me...)

-When asked on my teacher training application what areas of study I'd like to focus on, I mentioned chakra work. The chakras have always fascinated me, so learning their sanskrit names, meanings, emotional connections, asanas that stimulate and heal each, etc... is important to me.

-Pronounce Bhagavad Gita with confidence, which I hope to do since it's required reading.

-Loosen my hamstrings.

-Consider a cleanse. I said consider... as long as the chocolate chip cookie recipe below is allowed.

-Deepen my understanding of the practice as a physical, spiritual, emotional, mental and holistic approach to wellness, awareness, and being.

So that's it for now, I am sure I'll add and perhaps delete things on this list along the way. You can come back and check in just to keep me honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment