Friday, April 1, 2011

Hello, April, Hello Yoga, Hello Earth, Hello Babies.

First and foremost- I made it through my first session of Yoga Teacher Training last night. There are 12 other yogis and yoginis in my training and so far, they all seem great. There was something really inspiring and fascinating about each individual's story, all at different stages in their personal yoga journey, with different paths that have led us all to the same place. We dove right in with an hour and a half vinyasa, then 2 hr introduction, discussion, lecture, and power point, then ended with another hour and a half class and meditation. I loved it and think I will thoroughly enjoy the training. Can't wait to continue blogging and sharing it.
Here's a little of what our lecture included last night:
The Kleshas are conditioned beliefs and behaviors that keep us bound and separate. Kleshas include Asmita (ego), Raga (want), Dvesa (denial of self truth), and Abhinivesa (fear.)
If you've taken yoga classes, you may be familiar with the terms "Yamas" and "Niyamas." Yamas are our codes of behavior in relationship to others and our environment, while Niyamas are our codes of behavior in relationship to the self.

Teacher training aside, I feel like I am dancing on air. Spring is my favorite season, so I'm quite thankful to send both the lion and the lamb on their merry way. If I haven't mentioned it before, I carry on a total love affair with gardening and am currently planning my annual day trip to Amish Country to get plants with my mother in law.... my MASTER GARDENER mother in law. It's such a treat to share both the trip and the love of gardening with her. I like to think of it as a "gardeners high," but I get so energized this time of year by surveying my garden, remembering what's coming up where, bending down and digging in the soil, smelling the earth unthaw and stretch out of it's sleepy winter state. I am seeing my peonies, sedum, coreopsis, and lots of bulbs coming up. Pure bliss.

And seriously, if I'm ever going to convince my family to check my new blog instead of my old one, I guess I should include pics of the kids. Meet Preston and Cecilia... heart of my heart. You'll see these sweet little faces quite a bit around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment