Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Forgiveness

Ok, first I have to admit that I am without a computer. My beloved macbook is at the shop. In the meantime, I have spotty internet access with only using our nook for web. Hope to have it repaired by the end of the week, but in the meantime, bear with me!

Every week during the lecture portion of our teacher training, we have what we call "alter." A discussion where we all share something of importance, significance, or meaning in our lives with the group. Our alter for this week is forgiveness. Forgiveness!? Are you kidding me? Where do I begin?? It's interesting that it corresponds with Easter this week, and coincidentally, a movie on PBS and a segment in O Magazine. Clink link above to check out the movie- it's currently waiting for me on my DVR.

As I said before, one of my biggest apprehensions about teacher training was the self discovery, unpacking of baggage, etc... that it requires. However, there's also this pull of the beauty and freedom that lies on the other side of the unpacking. The self actualization, the heart of yoga.

So here I am... slightly frozen with uncertainty of how much I want to share with the group and how much I want to uncover for myself.

As people, we both hurt and become hurt simply through the process of life. There are misgivings, misfortune, misunderstandings, mistakes. And while I really dislike this, I would be remiss not to acknowledge that there is simply an evil force that sometimes exists in the world, a seed planted in some people, and some people who - for whatever reason- commit what some may deem unforgivable acts. Things like 9/11, genocide, corporate greed, war, abuse, hate. But there is also incredible peace and goodness, which is where forgiveness has to come from.

I know this much: forgiveness may not be easy, but the decision to forgive is a good thing. It's how we grow. We clear out old hurt and leave space for more. More love, more peace, more bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment